The ITE Central Florida Chapter was formed to provide a local forum for transportation professionals to meet and exchange information on a regular basis.
The Chapter has nine goals:
- Advance the objectives of the Institute.
- Foster closer associations among the Institute members.
- Encourage members to prepare and present papers;
- Prepare suggestions on matters of policy to the Board of Direction of the Institute.
- Consider local transportation engineering and planning problems and present advice and comment consistent with established Institute policies.
- Foster closer association and cooperation with local individuals and groups on matters of common interest.
- Encourage transportation engineering and planning education in colleges, universities, and technical schools in the Chapter area;
- Encourage high school and post-secondary students to enter the transportation engineering and planning professions.
- Encourage and support continuing education courses and programs in the areas of transportation engineering and planning.